2007年6月22日 星期五

沈默的王牌 Ace in America

昨天終於下決心買了 "沈默的王牌". 用了一天半, 把它看完了.

Yesterday I made up my mind to finally buy the "Ace in America: The story of Chien-Ming Wang's rise to stardom with the New York Yankees" written by Sam Borden, Mark Feinsand and Peter Abraham. (This book is only translated into Chinese and pulished in Taiwan, not published in the US) I finished reading it in one and a half days.

之所以能看那麼快, 一大部分要歸因於書寫得很流暢好讀. 連翻譯和校稿的水準也很高. 有美方參與, 好像真的品質不一樣. 希望台灣也會自己製作出很多品管那麼紮實的書.

I have to attribute my being able to read this book so fast to the good writing of this book. The levels of translation and prof-reading both seem very high. Is it because American publishers also take part in the production? I hope that Taiwanese publishers can produce more qualitied books like this one by themselves.

沒有留言: